Join us in shaping the future of veterinary medicine
Become a clinical affiliate with App State’s online B.S. in Veterinary Technology program
Clinical externships are outstanding opportunities to build for the future. By hosting students and helping provide experience-based instruction in professional skills and values, you are giving back to the veterinary community by mentoring and supporting the next generation of credentialed veterinary technicians.
App State is committed to developing a strong partnership with your clinic. We will provide the requisite academic training and wellbeing support to set students up for success in their clinical externships.
As a clinical affiliate, you will:
- Meet the requirements from AVMA CVTEA for Off-Campus Clinical Instruction.
- Provide students the opportunity to practice and hone their ability to perform required essential clinical skills; and assist students to create videos to document and evaluate essential skills acquisition.
- Identify a dedicated on-site preceptor for the student who is either a DVM or Credentialed Veterinary Technician who is a graduate of an AVMA accredited program.
- Provide an evaluation of the student half-way through the externship hours and at the end of the externship hours for each semester.
- Provide a safe, inclusive and student-centered learning environment, to include active mentorship and feedback on student progress.
- Be actively engaged in regular communication with the Clinical Coordinator and App State faculty and staff to ensure a positive experience.
Interested? To learn about the process of becoming a Clinical Affiliate, please contact Veterinary Technology Program Clinical Coordinator Leigha Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.