The goal of the Department of Rural Resilience and Innovation is to
- sustain partnerships with rural stakeholders,
- share university resources for mutual benefit,
- provide curricular and research opportunities,
- collaborate with colleagues doing engaged work and
- offer value-added experiences for students.
We seek to become global leaders in transdisciplinary convergent scholarship that focus mainly on three innovation challenge areas:
- Rural health and vitality;
- Sustainable, resilient growth and continuity;
- Rural-urban interdependence, agency and shared knowledge.
Housed in the College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts & Sciences at Appalachian State University is home to 17 academic departments, two centers and one residential college spanning the humanities and the social, mathematical and natural sciences. The college is dedicated to providing instruction and research essential to the University's mission and seeks to cultivate the habits of inquiry, learning and service among all its constituents.